- About Community
- DREAMs Program
- Just Discipline Project
- Parenting While Black
- Race & …Commons series
- United Nations Permanent Forum on People of African Descent
- Pitt-Assisted Communities & Schools
- Research for Equity and Power (REP)
- SPIN Project
- Parenting Across Difference
- Racial Equity Consciousness Institute
- Speaker Series
- Associate Director
- Founding Director of the Racial Equity Consciousness Institute
- Research Assistant Professor
As Associate Director, Ron leads the Center’s day-to-day operations and strategic and programmatic initiatives with a focus on research, education, and praxis to advance positive social change. Ron founded and directs the Racial Equity Consciousness Institute, an expansive engagement platform that guides learners & teachers through the critical systems thinking racial equity consciousness framework—via immersive resource modules that integrate narrative guides, videos, activities, articles, reflection prompts, discussion forums, and more—to support learners & teachers in analyzing the complexity and pervasiveness of racism, and reflecting on what they can do, personally and collectively, to catalyze antiracist initiatives, communities, and cultures.
Prior to joining the School of Social Work, Ron worked in the University’s Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (OEDI), where he exercised strategic and programmatic leadership to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion as institutional components of social and academic engagement at the University. Ron is an instructor in the Public Service program at Pitt, facilitating courses that address challenges and opportunities for social equity advancement in the public sector.
He received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the University of Pittsburgh and is currently an Ed. D. candidate in the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Education.
- Racial equity consciousness development
- The utilization of structured cognitive behavioral training frameworks to address socialized biases and behaviors
- The use of educational technology and media to foster civic and cultural agency